The annual Sunday Times school rankings have been revealed, showing two-thirds of the highest performing 50 schools in the country use the Firefly digital teaching and learning tool.
Released in November 2018, the report revealed:
- 68% of the top 50 independent secondary schools are Firefly schools. This includes the highest performing school - St Paul’s Girls School in Hammersmith, West London, and six other of the top ten schools.
- Of the top fee-paying International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, 40 percent of those in the top 50 and 50 percent of the top 20 use Firefly. This includes the top two schools in this category, King’s College School in Wimbledon, South London and Sevenoaks School in Sevenoaks, Kent.
- Among independent schools for Pre-U, eight of the top ten use Firefly. This includes the top four schools – King’s School, Worcester in Worcester, Westminster School in London, St Paul’s Girls’ School, and Highgate School in Highgate, North London.
- The top performing state secondary school for the second year running – Queen Elizabeth’s School in Barnet, – is also a Firefly school, as were 16 percent of the best ranked prep schools in the country.
- 40 percent of the top Scottish Independent Schools use Firefly – including the top performing school, Fettes College in Edinburgh.
These outstanding schools range from large to small, single-sex to mixed and old to new - but they all have one thing in common. The pioneering technology they use to streamline all of their teaching resources into one place to improve and enhance their learning - Firefly.
Firefly is a teaching and learning tool that offers a complete school solution for teachers, students and parents. Firefly gives teachers more time to teach, enables students to learn in ways that work best for them, and involves parents with their child’s learning every step of the way.
Available online and as an app, Firefly’s virtual learning environment allow teachers to easily set homework, track progress, share resources, engage parents and save valuable admin time. For more information visit www.fireflylearning.com
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Firefly Learning, on Tuesday 11 December, 2018. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/