Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies Apache CloudStack Configuration and Management
11 November 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source cloud computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud environments, today announced Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.0, the latest feature release of its command line interface tool.
CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and as a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and management.
Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line that was first released in September 2013. Some of the new features and changes include:
- Unicode support in CloudMonkey;
- Better autocompletion for API arguments, filter arguments and config options;
- Current server profile is displayed on the prompt;
- Changing server profile prints masked values of passwords and keys;
- New command line argument -d for display options such as default, json and table;
- New config option "verifysslcert" that enables/disables SSL certificate checking when making HTTP API calls;
- CloudMonkey outputs without color on terminal in non-interactive mode;
- Better error handling, errors written to stderr and non-zero exit codes in case of error;
- Several bugfixes related to networking, server profiles and unicode string handling
Downloads and Documentation
The official source code for CloudMonkey v5.3.0 can be downloaded from http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html. A community-maintained distribution is available at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CloudMonkey/
CloudMonkey's usage is documented at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI Package documentation can be found at http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey/
Availability and Oversight
As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. The Apache CloudStack Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and product releases.
About Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level Project in March 2013.
For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
# # #
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of The Apache Software Foundation, on Tuesday 11 November, 2014. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/