Mumford & Sons to cancel Glastonbury headline slot?





- Rumours are leaking about a possible stand-in from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The Mumford & Sons headline slot at Glastonbury is hanging in limbo as the British folk band yesterday cancelled yet another festival slot at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, TN, US. They were hastily replaced by Jack Johnson according to the official Twitter page.

A message on the Bonnaroo festival website said “Bonnaroo wishes Ted a speedy recovery and looks forward to the band returning to the festival.”

Ted Dwayne the bassist is currently in hospital after undergoing life saving surgery to remove a small blood clot on his brain, but is on his way to recovery.
A statement from the band said the musician had been "feeling unwell for a few days".

BBC Worldwide (the commercial side of the BBC which is the official Glastonbury broadcaster) has not received any information regarding the Mumford & Sons Pyramid headline slot on Sunday night but rumours from within the industry suggest a replacement bassist will undoubtedly step in.

A Glastonbury source told The Mirror newspaper that Ted’s health is a concern and possible stand-ins are lined up should the worst happen”.

Another rumour picked up from forum chatter is that the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be replacing Mumford & Sons on the Sunday night.

Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Bubble Fish PR, on Saturday 15 June, 2013. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/


Mumford & Sons Glastonbury 2013 Red Hot Chili Peppers Opinion Article
Published By

Bubble Fish PR

Visit Newsroom

Media

No media attached. Please contact Bubble Fish PR for more information.


Additional PR Formats