This festive season, UK-based social enterprise Motivation has launched Gifts in Motion: a gift catalogue that puts product design at the heart of Christmas giving.
Charity gift catalogues aren’t a new thing, but this year shoppers can pick from a range of life-changing products and services created and delivered by a non-profit organisation who put design innovation at the heart of what they do.
Buying a Gift in Motion helps Motivation to keep designing innovative, user-focused wheelchairs and providing support to disabled people and their families. Every gift choice helps enable greater independence and opportunity for disabled people in developing countries. When shoppers choose from the range of items and services that Motivation provides, they’re donating its value to the charity.
Gifts in Motion offers options for every budget and every personality:
- A designer for a day for the creative types - £185
- A wheelchair repair kit for the problem solvers - £75
- A wheelchair fitting for those who like to get things just right - £40
- A life-saving cushion for the ones who understand the value of comfort - £12
- A tyre pump for that practical person – £3
Ade Adepitan – Paralympic legend, BBC presenter and Gifts in Motion ambassador – says:
Each gift enables someone to gain independence and live a mobile, active and fulfilled life. Every product helps to create a fairer and more accessible society, where all disabled people have the freedom to live the life they choose. Whether you are looking for a stocking filler or a little something for yourself, there is a gift for everyone.
David Constantine – Founder Director of Motivation – says:
We believe that good design is all about improving people’s quality of life. That’s why we specifically designed our first wheelchair for people in developing countries, and it’s why we’re still innovating more than 20 years later. The donations we receive through Gifts in Motion will allow us to keep using new technologies and cutting edge product design to make sure we continue to deliver the right wheelchair in the right way for people around the world.
Avoid the complicated gadget gift nobody knows how to use, and buy a present that means something this year at www.motivation.org.uk/gifts-in-motion.
For more information, contact Anna Reeve: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0117 944 9864
Photos available upon request.
Notes for editors:
- Motivation is a Bristol-based international development charity and social enterprise. For over 25 years they have been at the cutting edge of product design and technological innovation in wheelchair provision for developing countries. Understanding the challenges of terrain and the varied individual requirements of those in need of assistive technology, Motivation provides design, training and practical support to ensure that individuals have the equipment, skills and confidence to use their wheelchair. They also help disabled people, their families and communities to fight stigma and understand their rights. Last year their work had a direct benefit on the lives of 16,000 people and a further 58,000 disabled people were reached through their work influencing the product design and practices of others. www.motivation.org.uk
- When someone buys a Gift in Motion they are making a donation to Motivation. This donation will be put to use for any part of Motivation’s work wherever it will have the greatest impact.
- All gift amounts are based on true costs at time of catalogue printing.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Motivation Charitable Trust, on Monday 29 October, 2018. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/