As part of a major refurbishment of their London Colney training centre and in preparation for the 2017-8 Premier League season, Arsenal FC has invested in a CryoAction integrated cryotherapy chamber for use by their players as key component of the team’s recovery and rehabilitation protocols.
The whole body cryotherapy system was designed and installed by CryoAction, the market leaders, whose existing clients include other Premier League clubs such as Everton, Leicester City, Bournemouth, Watford & Premiership new boys, Huddersfield FC.
CryoAction co-founder, Ian Saunders commented ”We were delighted to have been selected from a number of companies offering differing solutions by such a prestigious club as Arsenal FC. The club has moved forward from using an interim mobile cryotherapy solution to a fully integrated chamber which emphasises the growing importance of whole body cryotherapy as a recovery modality for Premier League teams.”
The installation was completed in the pre-season with players making full use of their new cryotherapy chamber as part of their preparation for the new Premier League season. Accommodating up to 8 players in a single session, the new unit offers treatments at temperatures as low as -160°C for durations of between 3 and 5 minutes.
The cryotherapy treatments aim to reduce the effects of fatigue resulting from the intensity of the Premier League season. In addition, offering the ability to reduce the impact of soft tissue injuries, bringing pain relief, enhancing sleep recovery and improving overall player well-being, the new cryotherapy chamber complements the advanced techniques now available to Arsenal FC players.
‘The installation at Arsenal went very smoothly and working in collaboration with our partners BOC & Thames Cryogenics, we have created one of the largest cryotherapy chambers installed in the UK.” said David Morris, CryoAction co-founder. He added,” We look forward to working with the medical and sports science teams at Arsenal FC to introduce a best practice regimen around whole body cryotherapy as a key element in their recovery protocols”.
CryoAction is the leading provider of whole body cryotherapy solutions with a range of clients across elite sports.
Specialists in cryotherapy solutions, CryoAction offers a range of products from integrated chambers for installation in an existing training centre or spa; transportable chambers installed in a bespoke housing designed to be installed externally; mobile cryotherapy chambers for complete flexibility to offer cryotherapy treatments regardless of location; local cryotherapy for application to a specific body area.
CryoAction is a privately owned profitable UK Company, formed in 2015 by a management team with proven experience in technology and sports.
About Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy is a 21st century cooling technology to offer a boost to sports recovery, post- exercise and prevent injury. Delivered in a purpose built unit, the cryotherapy treatment exposes the body to temperatures as low as -160°C for a duration of between 3 and 5 minutes.
Some of the benefits of whole body cryotherapy are the following:-
- Big reductions in inflammation
- Induces anti-inflammatory protection
- Reductions of Creatine Kinase (CK) and Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)
- Positive impact on immunological parameters
- Good effect on regeneration process
- Less exercise related stress.
- Between 30% and 46% less muscle cell damage.
Reduce impact of injuries
- Decreased pain
- Reduced swelling
- Decreased muscle spasms
- Reduced oedema formation
- Reduced metabolic activity and oxygen demand, improving tissue healing response
- Rapid removal of heat from the injury site with effective temperature reduction
- Reduced or eliminated need for pain medication post-injury
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage, key to better healing
- Increased blood flow and oxygen delivery to injury site, speeding recovery of damaged tissue
- Intensive training has negative impact on players
- Repeated exposures of whole body cryotherapy stimulates immune system
- Related to the enhanced noradrenaline (norepinephrine) response triggered by cold
- Reduces susceptibility to infections in whole body cryotherapy users
- Protection from suffering colds and influenza
Enhance hormonal profile
- Increased testosterone supply
- Reduction in stress hormone, Cortisol
- Improved levels of endorphins
- Enhanced antioxidant status associated with a decrease in total oxidative status and inflammatory responses
- Heart rate variability returns to baseline faster
- Whole Body Cryotherapy counteracts fatigue effects
- Induces a relaxed state of mind
- Counteracts anxiety
- Improves sleep quality
Arsenal's Mesut Özil using the CryoAction Cryotherapy chamber (Instagram)
Picture of CryoAction cryotherapy chamber
Alternative picture of CryoAction cryotherapy chamber
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Cryoaction Limited, on Wednesday 9 August, 2017. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/