Why not Adopt a leopard or cheetah spot for Christmas?
Tuesday 1st December sees the launch of the global #Giving Tuesday campaign. Further information: http://www.givingtuesday.org.uk/. AfriCat's Christmas campaign 2015 allows you to help leopards and cheetahs in Namibia and getting something back in return. When you support Adopt-A-Spot. - you get back great photo's of your spot with your name being painted and a card of thanks, with a Chris Packham photo of your preferred carnivore.
By adopting a spot today the international community is getting the chance to support a key part of the AfriCat Foundation's work in Namibia - namely the rehabilitation and welfare of these large cats.
How to Adopt-A-Spot for AfriCat?
At our new Carnivore Care and Information Centre in Okonjima, home of the AfriCat Foundation, we have 2 huge cats painted on our wall. One is a CHEETAH and the other a LEOPARD. Their spots and rosettes are not coloured in yet – but as soon as you ADOPT-A-SPOT, the cheetah and leopard will slowly get their spots back! If you are a lion lover there is an option for you too....companies, schools and other organisations can also take part and Adopt-A-Spot.
What you do
What we do
- Decide whether you want to Adopt-A-SPOT of a cheetah or leopard and for how long. You can of course adopt more than one spot too! Adopting a spot for a person or for a year for £16, for two people for one year or one pwraon for 2 years £32 and for 3 people of one person for 3 Years £40
- to make a donation go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/Africatadoptaspot
- Email email@example.com with your address if you would like a photo-card sent to you
By ADOPTING-A-SPOT @ AfriCat, you are helping the cheetah and leopard during a challenging time in their existence such as when they are being released into the wild, recovering from injury or being ambassador cats to those visiting the Care Centre. The funding goes towards the AfriCat Foundation's general running costs, veterinary expenses, computers, vehicles, cameras, collars, telemetry, research and fuel.
- Send an email with photograph of the spot being painted on the wall to confirm that this work has been done.
- Write your name on the wall with a number of the spots/time you have adopted for.
- Send those in the UK a photo-card if requested on firstname.lastname@example.org
Lion lovers need not fear. There are of course no spots to paint but you can still make a donation at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/africatlions and if you email email@example.com with your details you will get a card and a fridge magnet in return
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of AfriCat UK, on Tuesday 1 December, 2015. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/