Samsung Announces Galaxy Tab S
Friday 13 June, 2014
Samsung Electronics has today announced the Galaxy Tab S, Samsung$B!G(Bs thinnest and lightest tablet to date. This Super AMOLED tablet combines the most advanced display technology with a full range of premium content for an unrivalled entertainment experience. The Galaxy Tab S is also powered with enhanced productivity features for effortless multitasking, all elegantly housed in a stylish, yet practical design.
$B!H(BThe tablet is becoming a popular personal viewing device for enjoying content, which makes the quality of the display a critical feature,$B!I(B said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics. $B!H(BWith the launch of the Galaxy Tab S, Samsung is setting the industry bar higher for the entire mobile industry. It will provide consumers with a visual and entertainment experience that brings colours to life, beautifully packaged in a sleek and ultra-portable mobile device.$B!I(B
Turn up the Colour with the Industry$B!G(Bs Best Mobile Display – Super AMOLED
The Galaxy Tab S is the next evolution in mobile display technology, delivering a wider range of rich and crisp colours. Its industry-leading WQXGA (2560x1600, 16:10) Super AMOLED display delivers more than 90% of Adobe RGB colour coverage - expressing more colours than ever before – and has a remarkable 100,000:1 contrast ratio which provides deeper and more realistic images by making blacks darker and whites brighter.
Featuring additional Samsung screen technologies that go beyond the hardware specifications, the tablet$B!G(Bs Adaptive Display ensures the best visual experience anywhere, anytime by adjusting gamma, saturation, and sharpness based on the application, the colour temperature of the viewing environment and the lighting. Pre-set professional modes - AMOLED Cinema and AMOLED Photo - also mean you can manually adjust the display settings for bright, dynamic results across both video and photo content.
In addition, with the Galaxy Tab S you can fully enjoy content clearly and easily outdoors, even in bright sunlight. The tablet$B!G(Bs advanced outdoor visibility technology makes on-screen content look bright, natural, and easy to view.
Since Super AMOLED technology doesn$B!G(Bt require a backlight, the Galaxy Tab S consumes less energy than comparative LCD displays while maintaining a very portable design. There are two models, both of which have a sleek 6.6mm profile and at only 465g (10.5-inch) and 294g (8.4-inch)*, that are light and easy to carry. With its longer-lasting battery, and Ultra-Power Saving Mode, the Galaxy Tab S lets you enjoy hours of entertainment without having to worry about recharging.
* Device weights are measured with WIFI only version of Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch and 8.4-inch
Premium Content Eco-System
The Galaxy Tab S is made for entertainment and comes packed with a variety of content including:
- $B!H(BKick$B!I(B a new football app that promises to revolutionise the way that European fans consume the $B!F(Bbeautiful game$B!G(B. It provides in-depth and visually compelling sports data in real-time as matches get played, delivering a unique football companion experience. Users are updated on all the news and action as it happens, empowering fans with more information about the game before, during, and after each match.
- Samsung$B!G(Bs magazine service, $B!H(BPapergarden$B!I(B debuts on the Galaxy Tab S. An optimised viewing environment for digital interactive magazines, you will be able to view a wide range of popular magazines in vivid and true-to-life colour.
- Galaxy Gifts: Samsung has teamed up with more than 30 of the world$B!G(Bs leading mobile content and service providers to offer the ultimate home, work and play entertainment experience through premium content and services across a wide range of industries. Some of these include:
o With Samsung$B!G(Bs strategic partnership with Marvel, you will be able to access over 15,000 Marvel Comics with three months of unlimited free membership to Marvel$B!G(Bs $B!H(BMarvel Unlimited$B!I(B app.
o Kindle for Samsung: Exclusively for Samsung customers, and customised for the Galaxy Tab S, you will receive a free book every month through Samsung Book Deals, plus the ultimate e-reading experience with access to a vast selection of e-books in the Kindle store.
- Samsung has also partnered with Google Play, Google$B!G(Bs online digital entertainment store, offering apps, games, music, movies, books and magazines. To get you started, Samsung and Google Play are offering several gifts including access to a range of movie and entertainment content, including the Warner Bros. Academy Award winning movie $B!H(BGravity$B!I(B as well as a variety of books and magazines from top publishers through the $B!H(BMy Library"widget.
Stylish Form Factor and Practical Accessories
Beautifully crafted and designed, the Galaxy Tab S is modern and sleek. Extending this design identity, the Galaxy Tab S offers a choice of several fashionable and practically designed custom accessories. The Book Coveraccessory configures to three different display angles to provide the most comfortable position to watch videos, read or type. For those looking for the same protective structure of the Book Cover but with a slimmer design, Samsung offers the Simple Cover that offers a perfectly fitted, lightweight protection. The Bluetooth Keyboard is a new, ergonomically designed ultra-slim keyboard designed specifically for the Galaxy Tab S which perfectly pairs the device with the keyboard with a clasp for better protection.
The Galaxy Experience - Productivity Features That Help You Multitask
The Galaxy Tab S delivers an unmatched selection of enhanced productivity and security features that provide you with the ability to effortlessly and safely multitask. You can make and receive calls directly from the phone to the Galaxy Tab S, anywhere at home, no matter where their phone is with the Call Forwarding feature via SideSync 3.0. The Galaxy Tab S also allows you to truly multitask, enabling you to surf the web, watch videos, share content and make calls simultaneously without having to worry about closing out of one to access another. With Quick Connect, the Galaxy Tab S quickly finds and connects to nearby devices, for easy content sharing. These features are all available on both WiFi and LTE versions.
Additional useful features include a $B!F(BMulti User Mode$B!G(B which enables you to create your own personal optimised profile, safe and convenient access with a built -in $B!F(BFingerprint Scanner,$B!G(B and a specially designed $B!F(BKids$B!G(B Mode$B!G(B with its own dedicated interface and kid-friendly applications.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S will come in a variety of connectivity options: Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi and LTE, available in 16/32GB* + MicroSD (up to 128GB). You can also choose between the 10.5-inch and 8.4-inch versions, in Titanium Bronze or Dazzling White. The Galaxy Tab S will be available in selected markets from July 2014.
For more product information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com/ m.samsungmobilepress.com.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Samsung, on Friday 13 June, 2014. For more information visit http://www.pressat.co.uk/
Samsung Galaxy Tab S Consumer Technology