Pearson Partners with Programmr to Power Interactive “Learn to Code” Learning Labs
Programmr has taken the programming lab and put it into the cloud so users can access the latest coding technologies from any browser
NEW YORK -- Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, is partnering with Programmr, a pioneer in online coding technology, to create the next-generation of interactive platforms for learning how to code, using just a web browser. The partnership reflects Pearson's and Programmr's shared commitment to make learning to code as easy as possible for users of all ages.
“We believe that this interactive ‘learn by doing’ approach will lead to grasping the content faster, resulting in better learning outcomes.”
Each “Learning Lab” seamlessly integrates Programmr’s programming lab technology into Pearson’s web-based learning platform that includes screencast videos, graphics, and interactive assessment; all embedded within an instructional text written by Pearson’s best-selling professional technical authors. Readers will be able to learn theory while simultaneously practicing coding skills in a real-time “code sandbox” environment.
New York-based Programmr has taken the programming lab and put it into the cloud so users can access the latest coding technologies from any browser, eliminating the need for complicated desktop tools, removing one of the biggest impediments to learning to code.
“We’re delighted Pearson has chosen Programmr’s technology to create its new line of Learning Labs,” said Rajesh Moorjani, founder and CEO of Programmr. “We’re hoping this heralds the new era of programming education and we’re excited to help make it happen.”
"We’re excited to launch this new series that provides students with a dynamic, cutting-edge platform for learning to code,” said Pearson Technology Group Executive Editor Mark Taber. “We believe that this interactive ‘learn by doing’ approach will lead to grasping the content faster, resulting in better learning outcomes."
About Learning Labs:
- Consists of step-by-step lessons, including dozens of short, easy-to-follow videos presented by established expert authors/instructors demonstrating key tasks
- Includes the complete text of the companion published book
- Enables users to test their understanding of the material after each lesson with a fully interactive online quiz
- Delivered online from a link that will be available from the publisher site, InformIT. Once purchased, it can be viewed in any web browser that supports HTML5, including the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer
Programmr’s technology enables students to:
- Practice as soon as they learn a programming concept
- Start without any pre-installed software or plugins
- Get helpful hints like syntax highlighting and auto-complete with Programmr’s powerful editor
- Uncover flaws in their understanding of a concept instantly
The first four Learning Labs include:
- “Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours (Learning Lab)” by Julie Meloni; http://www.informit.com/title/9780133927603
- “Sams Teach Yourself HTML5 Mobile Application Development in 24 Hours (Learning Lab)” by Jennifer Kyrnin: http://www.informit.com/store/html5-mobile-application-development-in-24-hours-sams-9780133927399
Pearson is the world's leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. A division of Pearson, Pearson Technology Group (PTG) is the world's largest publisher of books, eBooks, video, software, and courseware learning products for technical and creative professionals, computer users and business professionals. PTG publishing imprints include Addison-Wesley Professional, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, IBM Press, FT Press, Microsoft Press, Peachpit Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall Professional, Que, Sams, and VMware Press.
Programmr provides online coding technologies to enable students and enthusiasts to learn programming interactively, as well as assess their coding skills right in the browser. With Programmr's technology, not only can users code and run apps in a variety of technologies - like Ruby, Python, Android and iOS - online, but they can also test their skills by attempting browser-based challenges and contests on these popular technologies.
For more information, please contact:
Public Relations Manager
E: [email protected]
Programmr Technologies Inc
Founder & CEO
E: [email protected]
Learn To Code Programming Pearson Coding Edtech Computing & Telecoms Education & Human Resources