New Homes Set To Transform Derelict Site In South Wigston
Tuesday 15 April, 2014
Construction work is now underway at Barratt Homes' latest new homes development in South Wigston, which will see 120 new homes built on a site which has lain unused for nearly 20 years.
Located on Pochins Bridge Road in South Wigston, the new development, named Waterside Gardens, is being built on an old recreational ground next to an existing new homes development.
Barratt Homes is redeveloping the area, putting this once derelict site back to good use by building an extensive range of two, three and four bedroom home styles and transforming the neighbouring area into public open space for future residents of the development and the wider community of South Wigston to enjoy.
Once completed, Waterside Gardens will provide two, three and four bedroom homes built with energy and efficiency in mind, underpinning over 200 jobs for local people. And with construction now well underway, the showhomes will be open by summer this year (2014).
John Dillon, Managing Director of Barratt Homes North Midlands, said, “We are really looking forward to launching our new development, Waterside Gardens. This is an exciting project for us and we hope to develop a new community here in the heart of Leicestershire.
“We plan to contribute a great deal to the local area as a result of this new development, both in terms of the high-quality homes we will be building and the jobs which will be created for local people and businesses.”
Waterside Gardens is a beautiful development located in South Wigston, a quiet suburb of Leicester. With great commuter links, local shops, pubs and fantastic schools nearby, this is an ideal development for both first time buyers and families looking for a new place to call home.
For more information, or to register your interest, please visit the website at www.barratthomes.co.uk, or call the Barratt Homes contact centre on 0844 811 3377, open seven days a week from 8am to 9pm.
Barratt Homes prides itself on building exceptional homes in the finest locations and has recently been awarded the maximum five star rating in a customer satisfaction survey ran by the Home Builders Federation (HBF) for the fifth year running meaning 90% of homebuyers would recommend them to a friend.
- Ends -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1) For further information about Barratt Homes please contact Alex Scoppie or Alice Norman, Unsworth Sugden, on 0116 2471777 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2) Barratt Homes is part of Barratt Developments PLC, a FTSE 100 Company
3) Barratt Group sold 13,663 homes in the year to June 2013, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain
4) Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the fifth consecutive year in the 2014 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey
5) In 2013, site managers working for Barratt won a record breaking 102 awards for quality workmanship in the NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards. This is the highest number ever won by a single company since the competition began in 1980
6) Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Tuesday 15 April, 2014. For more information visit http://www.pressat.co.uk/
Construction Construction & Property
No media attached. Please contact Pressat Wire for more information.