A development of new homes in Hucknall from homebuilder Barratt Homes is helping to provide new football pitches, a 10 changing room sports pavilion and coach parking for the community of Hucknall.
Barratt Homes have contributed towards the building of six football pitches, three of which are already in use by local teams. The pitches and accommodation are due to be handed over to Ashfield District Council in the autumn of 2014.
As part of the planning agreement, Barratt Homes are contributing towards a total of £5.3m to build the pitches, facilities and surrounding infrastructure.
Alan Spray, Chairman of local football team Hucknall Sports Youth Football Club, said: “We appreciate the effort that Barratt Homes have gone to in providing for the sporting needs of Hucknall. We have been using a temporary pitch for some time, but we can see that significant progress is now being made and we are looking forward to mid 2014 when the new site should be fully operational”.
The pitches are being built on Merlin Park, a Barratt Homes development located on Wigwam Lane in Hucknall.
John Dillon, Managing Director at Barratt Homes North Midlands, said: “As a company, we are well known for building quality family homes, and we endeavour to support local organisations where possible in and around locations where we are developing new communities.
“Football clubs are an important part of the community, so we were eager to contribute to the building of these pitches and other facilities to support local teams.”
Merlin Park, located in Hucknall, is a short distance from the town centre. Surrounded by rolling countryside and picturesque villages the development also benefits from excellent tram, road and rail links into Nottingham.
For more information please call the sales centre on 0844 811 3377 for full details. Alternatively, customers can visit www.barratthomes.co.uk to find out the types of homes which are available at this development and register to receive exclusive details.
- Ends -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1) For further information about Barratt Homes please contact Hannah Elwell or Alex Scoppie, Unsworth Sugden, on 0116 2471777 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Barratt Group sold 13,663 homes in the year to June 2013, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
3) Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the fourth consecutive year in the 2013 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
4) In 2013, site managers working for Barratt Group won a record breaking 102 awards for quality workmanship in the NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards. This is the highest number ever won by a single company since the competition began in 1980.
5) Barratt Group was named Sustainable Developer of the Year at the What House Awards 2012, in addition to Sustainable Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2012.
6) Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Thursday 6 March, 2014. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/
Construction & Property