Multi-currency prepaid travel card set for take-off in Portugal
Wednesday 16 July, 2014
We provide a one stop shop for any company seeking to issue prepaid cards
Prepaid Financial Services (“PFS”) has launched Portugal’s first Multi Currency Prepaid MasterCard® in partnership with Unicambio.
- Available for purchase within 49 Unicambio bureaus at airports and in major shopping malls in Portugal from north to south including Madeira Island as well as online
- The Multi Currency MasterCard prepaid card enables corporate clients and cardholders to hold various currencies all on one card
- A MasterCard card ensures a reliable, simple and safe companion when travelling
- There is a user friendly online platform for easy management of the prepaid card. The platform also allows the cardholder to buy and sell currency, locking in exchange rates, whilst on the move
- If the cardholder is travelling to multiple countries they can transfer any of their currencies into the new chosen wallet by simple use of the smart phone app or online. A card can hold multiple balances of different currencies
- Emergency card – an excellent feature that can be selected which allows the cardholder to purchase a second “emergency” card. This can be stowed away until required. Should the cardholder lose the primary card, with just a click of a button in the online management portal, all balances are moved to the emergency card and the primary card is closed preventing any fraudulent use
- The card dynamically defaults to the transaction currency if the currency is one of the 4 supported currencies currently offered by Unicambio, thus preventing the cardholder from being charged expensive FX fees and international charges.
- Funds can be transferred to another Unicambio prepaid card making sharing money with your friends and family even easier and quicker
Noel Moran, CEO of PFS, said:
“PFS is honored to be selected to partner with Unicambio on this project to roll out the first Multi-Currency MasterCard prepaid card in Portugal via the Unicambio branches at the airport and online. This product is the first to market in Portugal and leads the way in providing great value and security for customers to carry money whilst travelling. It is much more secure than carrying cash.
One of the reasons PFS is a partner of choice for travel currency cards is that we act as the Issuer, the program manager and the technology partner, all in one, and we provide a one stop shop for any company seeking to issue prepaid cards. Whether a company requires Multi Currency, single currency, mobile, contactless, Host Card Emulation, virtual or just instant issue reloadable cards, PFS offers a solution.
We have a number of FX bureau’s and banks launching their own branded version of the Multi Currency card in 2014 and we expect to see take up increase over the coming months. But of course, we are not restricted just to Europe, we can provide the technology and program management to any bank or partner, anywhere globally”
For further information regarding Prepaid Financial Services and how prepaid solutions can benefit your organisation, contact +44 (0)207 125 0321 or email@example.com
The Unicâmbio Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Prepaid Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. Prepaid Financial Services Limited is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 900036. Registered Office: 36 Carnaby Street London, W1F 7DR
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Prepaid Financial Services, on Wednesday 16 July, 2014. For more information visit http://www.pressat.co.uk/
Multi-Currency Prepaid Travel Portugal Corporate Business & Finance Personal Finance
No media attached. Please contact Prepaid Financial Services for more information.