National problem gambling support charity GamCare officially launched their national Youth Outreach programme on London’s South Bank today.
The charity’s national programme has created three new ‘youth hubs’, with a fourth planned, where regional outreach workers will provide free of charge workshops for young people and training for frontline professionals in their local areas.
These hubs, in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool/Manchester and now expanding to Hull, will also provide materials and screening tools to assist local youth services and teachers in identifying young people at risk.
Each youth hub will provide a structure for referrals to treatment for young people who are experiencing or vulnerable to gambling related harm.
Mike Kenward, Business Development Manager at GamCare, says: “International evidence consistently indicates that young people are disproportionately at risk of developing problems with gambling, as well as being harmed by problematic gambling in their family or friends circle. Our work aims to give young people the facts about gambling and ensure they know where to seek help for themselves or their loved ones if needed.”
GamCare’s Strategy for Young People focusses on education, advice, treatment and communication to minimise gambling-related harm for young people. For more information visit www.gamcare.org.uk
For more information or accompanying images please contact Catherine Sweet, Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com or on 020 7801 7000.
Notes to editors:
GamCare – Working to minimise gambling-related harm
- GamCare is the leading national provider of information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling. Our expert services are confidential and non-judgemental.
- GamCare operates the National Gambling HelpLine on Freephone 0808 8020 133 or via web chat at www.gamcare.org.uk. Advisers are available 8am – Midnight, seven days a week.
- Moderated chatrooms are also open daily, and peer-to-peer support is available through the GamCare Forum.
- For more information on GamCare counselling services, visit www.gamcare.org.uk/free-counselling
- GamCare launched www.bigdeal.org.uk for 12-18 year olds in 2012. For more information about GamCare’s work with young people, visit www.gamcare.org.uk/education-and-awareness/youth
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of GamCare, on Thursday 27 April, 2017. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/