On 6th July 2013, Debbie Pearce, who works at a National UK Charity and independent residential special school and children’s home in Stourbridge will be cycling the length of the UK, from Land’s End to John O’Groats, to raise money for Sunfield’s Children’s Activities fund, which will directly benefit the children at Sunfield.
Debbie, A HR Administrator at Sunfield, will be tackling the 1000-mile journey during July and plans to complete the ride on the 23rd. Debbie will spend 16 days in the saddle covering the 1000 miles in 3 weeks.
Debbie was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1998 and advised not to do any form of impact sports but Debbie didn’t let that hold her back and decided to start cycling. Debbie initially struggled to cycle 5 miles but determined, Debbie has now completed a number of challenges and charity rides and now plans to tackle the 1000 miles from Lands end to John O’Groats.
Training is well under way and Debbie is looking forward to getting going in just under 9 weeks. Debbie says ‘I am really excited about the challenge which lies ahead, although I am under no illusion it will be 16 gruelling days in the saddle. Knowing that it will help the special students at Sunfield will keep me going. Let’s just hope that the sun will be shining.’
Debbie hopes that with the support of individuals and local businesses, she will be able to raise in excess of £1000. To sponsor debbie please go to BTmyDonate at: http://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/debbiepearce1
Notes to editors
1. Sunfield is a national UK charity and residential special school supporting children and young people aged 6 -19 throughout England and Wales who have complex needs including autism. Sunfield is committed to the development of each individual child’s abilities so that he or she may come to experience life to its full potential.
2. Debbie Pearce has set up an online sponsorship facility for her fundraising BTmyDonate, http://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/debbiepearce1
3. A sponsorship form is available from Sunfield upon request.
4. To arrange an interview and photograph with Debbie Pearce please contact Sarah Willis, PR & Social Media Consultant, 2Communicate Tel: 07958490263 or email: [email protected]
5. You can also find us on Facebook: Sunfield Children's School and Residential Care and Twitter @Sunfield_org
6. For further information on Sunfield and their work please contact Sarah Willis, PR & Social Media Consultant, 2Communicate. Tel: 01905 356778 Mob: 07958 490263 Email:
I LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/sarahwillispr/
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Sunfield Childrens Homes Limited , on Thursday 9 May, 2013. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/