Barratt Homes Creates 500 New Jobs Across Northamptonshire
One of the regions' leading homebuilders has announced it will be launching six new sites over the next 12 months, underpinning over 500 jobs for local people.
Barratt Homes Northampton plans to launch six new sites this year, five of which are across Northamptonshire, in areas such as Rushden, Brixworth, and Brackley. Over 500 jobs will be supported in building and selling the new homes.
The housebuilder predominately employs local sub-contractors and tradesmen, so local businesses and people will benefit directly from the jobs.
"The Prime Minister has stated again and again that one of the best ways to boost economic growth and get people working is through building more homes," said Alison Raine, Sales Director at Barratt Homes Northampton.
"The plans we have announced show exactly how that theory works in practice. We expect to launch six new sites this year. These will provide 274 desperately needed new homes for local people at a time when there is a chronic shortage of housing.
"In addition to the local construction jobs underpinned in building the new homes, the local people who move into the new housing will also spend their wages locally. This translates into a significant boost for local retailers at a time when concerns remain about the national financial picture. It's exactly what this area needs."
Alison Raine said the new jobs weren't the only piece of good news for people in the East Midlands in 2014. She said: "The really great news this year is the continuation of Help to Buy Equity mortgages, which means homemovers can get on the ladder with just a five per cent deposit, a 20 per cent equity loan, and a 75 per cent mortgage.”
Saxon Rise is a beautiful new development of contemporary two, three, four and five bedroom homes, located in Salt Pikes, Brixworth, which aims to provide 150 new homes over the coming months.
Lancaster Manor is new development located on Goulsbra Road in Rushden. Featuring a range of two and three bedroom homes built with style and efficiency in mind, the development will provide 73 new homes over the coming months.
New developments are also coming soon to Brackley, Crick and Barton Seagrave which will together provide 104 new homes over the next year.
For more information on Barratt developments in your area please call 0844 811 3399 or visit www.barratthomes.co.uk.
- Ends -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1) For further information about Barratt Homes please contact Hannah Elwell or Alice Norman, Unsworth Sugden, on 0116 2471777 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2) Barratt Group sold 13,663 homes in the year to June 2013, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
3) Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the fourth consecutive year in the 2013 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
4) In 2013, site managers working for Barratt Group won a record breaking 102 awards for quality workmanship in the NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards. This is the highest number ever won by a single company since the competition began in 1980.
5) Barratt Group was named Sustainable Developer of the Year at the What House Awards 2012, in addition to Sustainable Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2012.
6) Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase.
7) Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Monday 10 February, 2014. For more information visit http://www.pressat.co.uk/
Northamptonshire Construction & Property