UK Housing Awards Nomination
Bristol and Midlands-based Ashley Community Housing has been shortlisted for the UK Housing Awards 2016.
The awards, which recognise outstanding work by housing organisations to improve the lives of people in their communities, are organised by the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and Inside Housing magazine.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, this year's awards attracted more than 250 entries from all over the UK.
Ashley Community Housing (ACH) is now one of six left in the running for the award for an Outstanding Approach to Meeting Specialist Housing Needs.
Who are ACH?
Since 2008 ACH have successfully resettled hundreds of individuals from refugee backgrounds – developing their independence, promoting their positive contribution to the community and easing their integration into UK life.
The organisation has received national recognition for its resettlement services and has been awarded a Silver Stevie at the International Business Awards 2015. ACH has also been a finalist in the Lloyds Bank UK National Business Awards 2014/2015 and an Impact finalist in the Natwest SE100 Awards 2015.
Ashley Community Housing's Chief Executive Fuad Mahamed commented on the UK Housing Awards nomination: “I'm very grateful for the nomination. The efficiency of our resettlement service only adds to the long-term benefits for our tenants who, once settled in housing, can focus on building skills and moving towards permanent employment through our Himilo training subsidiary."
Awards Ceremony and Testimonials
The winners will be revealed at a ceremony at the Lancaster London Hotel on 26 April and impressionist and comedian, Rory Bremner will present the awards. The awards are sponsored by Campbell Tickell, Capsticks, CHAS, Higgins, Housemark, The Housing Contact, Mitie, NHBC, Osborne and United Living.
CIH chief executive Terrie Alafat said: “The UK Housing Awards recognise the great work being done by housing professionals and organisations across the industry, but they also push us all to do better as a sector. We hope the achievements of our finalists will inspire others as they aim to provide the best possible services for residents and communities.
“Congratulations to all of the organisations that have been shortlisted, and best of luck for the 20th anniversary ceremony – win or lose your work will help inspire us all to improve."
Emma Maier, editor of Inside Housing, said:
“The quality of the entries rose again this year so even to get this far is an amazing achievement. In the face of some really stiff competition, Ashley Community Housing has shown it is performing at the highest level - well done! Being our 20th anniversary means the evening will be even more memorable and we have some great celebrations planned"
Notes to the Editor
- Ashley Community Housing (ACH) was established in 2008 and is a leading specialist housing and training provider with offices in Bristol, Birmingham and Wolverhampton
- In the last 8 years ACH has grown from a team of 4 to a team of over 30 employed full-time staff who are a core part of this £3 million organisation
- The organisation has now successfully re-housed over 1,200 previously homeless refugees
- Ashley Community Housing is a social enterprise limited by guarantee and is registered with the Homes and Communities Agency as a social housing provider
- Find out more at: http://www.ashleyhousing.com
- The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) is the professional body for people involved in housing and communities. CIH are a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation. They have a diverse and growing membership of 22,000 – both in the public and private sectors – living and working in over 20 countries on five continents across the world. CIH members work for local authorities, housing associations, Arms Length Management Organisations, government bodies, educational establishments and the private sector. Many tenants and residents are also members. They exist to maximise the contribution that housing professionals make to the wellbeing of communities. Further information is available at: www.cih.org
- The finalists for the UK Housing Awards 2016 in Ashley Community Housing's category are:
AN OUTSTANDING APPROACH TO MEETING SPECIALIST HOUSING NEEDS
Ashley Community Housing – Himilo, employment first programme
Calderdale Council and Connect Housing – Heatherstones Court
East Thames – Beverley Lewis House
Golden Lane Housing – Delivering new housing solutions
Irwell Valley Housing Association – Shore Green
Jobs Friends and Houses – JFH Lettings
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0117 9540 433
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of ACH, on Wednesday 10 February, 2016. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/