26th February 2019 Air Ambulance crew gets a teatime treat from giant gingerbread man
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) was presented with its newest ‘crew member’ when bakers delivered a giant gingerbread man to the Charity’s North Weald Airbase.
To celebrate the launch of the Charity’s A Very British Afternoon Tea, Days Bakery made the gingerbread man, decorated as a Critical Care Paramedic.
Natasha Robertson, Fundraising Manager for EHAAT said: “The crew were delighted to receive this amazing gingerbread man from Days Bakery. He looked fantastic decorated as one of our Paramedics and he really brightened up everyone’s day. A huge thank you to the bakers who spent two days making and decorating him to create their own member of the crew. The crew enjoy a well-earned tea break with a difference!”
If you are a star baker, precise with your icing, or just love an excuse for a get together then EHAAT is looking for people just like you. This June the Charity is asking its supporters, and cake lovers, to host their own A Very British Afternoon Tea – giant sized gingerbread men not essential.
Whether you’re looking to host an Afternoon Tea in your back garden, or entice the office with a cake showdown, the Charity’s free fundraising pack has the tips and recipes for you! Inside you will find some fun activities including a tea-tasting competition, your very own Great Bake, fun games and how to create your own crew using gingerbread men.
Natasha said “A Very British Afternoon Tea is a great way to get together with friends and family, have fun and indulge in some treats while raising money for the Air Ambulance. It costs more than £750,000 a month to keep the service running smoothly and we couldn’t do it without the dedication and support of the people and businesses of Essex and Hertfordshire. We are hoping even more people will put the kettle on and get baking in aid of our Charity this June.”
For the third year running A Very British Afternoon Tea is sponsored by leading berry supplier BerryWorld. The Charity is asking people to order a tea-riffic free fundraising pack full of ideas, delicious BerryWorld recipes and even ideas for creating your own crew biscuits by visiting ehaat.org/avbat or calling 0345 5040 055.
Photograph: Staff from Days Bakery with EHAAT crew members and the giant gingerbread man at the Charity’s North Weald base.
For more information please contact Gavin Sherriff, PR Officer, on 0345 2417 690.
Notes to Editor:
• Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is a Charity that provides a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for the critically ill and injured of Essex, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
• The service is provided free of charge but, unlike NHS emergency services, the Charity receives no direct funding from the Government or National Lottery. It costs in excess of £750,000 every month to keep the service operational and cover all charitable costs, and this would not be possible without the generosity and goodwill of people and businesses of Essex, Hertfordshire and beyond.
• Each of the Charity’s HEMS teams consist of a Pilot, a Co-pilot, a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and a Critical Care Paramedic.
• These teams, made up of highly-skilled individuals, tended to 1,491 patients in 2018 and are the backbone of your local life-saving Charity.
• The fleet, consisting of two Air Ambulances, and four Rapid Response Vehicles (RRVs - cars) operates seven days a week from 7am to 9pm. After sunset, the Critical Care Team continues to provide the service using Rapid Response Vehicles.
• In addition, a Rapid Response Vehicle is operational on a Friday and Saturday evening from 6pm until 2am with a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and Critical Care Paramedic.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, on Tuesday 26 February, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow http://www.pressat.co.uk/