15th EFORT Congress features patient safety in orthopaedics and traumatology: 4 – 6 June 2014, London
“Patient safety” is the main theme of the 15th EFORT Congress which takes place at the ExCeL Conference Centre in London from 4 to 6 June 2014. It is the most important scientific event for orthopaedists and trauma surgeons on the European level and will attract more than 7,000 participants fro allover the world. The Congress is organised by the European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT) as a combined programme in partnership with the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA).
Some of the topics that will be discussed at the Congress:
- Lack of patient safety can endanger the art of medicine
- The "timebomb" of orthopaedics: International experts seek to improve the quality of orthopaedic care in times of austerity and demographic change
- Revalidation of surgeons: UK example could catch on in Europe
- Current trends in bone healing
- Nanotechnology has potential to revolutionise orthopaedics – experts call for research into safety
- People with serious overweight need joint replacement twice as often and face double the risk of complications
- Online orthopaedic information often of low quality, difficult to understand and commercially motivated
- Orthopaedics in crisis and conflict situations: evidence not heroism
- Fractures in the elderly: a major challenge for health systems in the future
- Infections in joint surgery: high risk for fracture patients
Information on the programme: www.efort.org/london2014/.
The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT) is the umbrella organisation linking Europe´s national orthopaedic societies. EFORT was founded in 1991 in the Italian Marentino. Today it has 45 national member societies from 42 member countries and eleven associate scientific members.
EFORT is a non-profit organisation. The participating societies aim at promoting the exchange of scientific knowledge and experience in the prevention and treatment of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. EFORT organises an annual congress, seminars, courses, forums and conferences within Europe. It also initiates and supports basic and clinical research.
Press Office 15th EFORT Congress 2014: Birgit Kofler, B&K; E-Mail: [email protected]; mobile: +43 676 6368930
Medical Conference Orthopaedics And Traumatology New Research Patient Safety Health Medical & Pharmaceutical